Repair and tuning
Here are some examples of my repair services:
- Fix notes not sounding properly, or silent keys, or sounding out of tune – free stuck reed tongues, replace valves or reeds or the wax seal, plus necessary tuning.
- Tuning – analysis and reed tuning.
- Fix stuck or misaligned keys or registers or air buttons.
- Resolve problems with the bass machine.
- Resolve air leaks – Hohner Atlantics are a regular in my workshop. !960s models often need replacement pallet leathers.
Restoration of old piano accordions
- Reed overhaul and fixing air leaks and malfunctioning bass and treble keyboard.
- A reed overhaul normally entails removing and cleaning reed plates (with ultrasound), replacement of an damaged reeds, valve replacement, refit, maybe with reed wax, and tuning.
- Tuning analysis and reed tuning.
- Repair of bellows.
- Custom made new bellows.